Friday, 11 January 2013

Busses, barbells, and books

It doesn't matter how old you are, getting the work life balance right is a challenge.

I recently changed my day time job and became a bus driver. An interesting and rewarding job. I meet a large group of largely friendly people on a daily basis. A nice cross section of life. However, I work strange shifts that are never the same. On top of this I am a Reservist. I'm a part time infantry soldier. This requires large chunks of time for continuous training, to make sure I am good to go at a moments notice. In order to stay fit enough for my military role I go to the gym at least four times a week, usually after work. On top of that I am a father of four and I also love to write books. Now you can see why my latest book is running late. Trying to find the balance between all these different parts of my life is challenging and I'm not sure if I have found it yet.

Starting this week I am going to push the author side of my life to a higher part of my balance. It's a side I enjoy and gives me a lot of satisfaction. I hope I achieve this but only time will tell. Who knows, I might be writing another article about rebalancing my military side in a few months. Lol. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment